Thursday, August 18, 2016

My Birthday Blessings

I turned the big 4-6 today. Ugh, that sounds old. I can remember when turning 30 felt old. Now I have a 26 year old who is only 4 years from that milestone. Where does the time go??? In the blink of an eye, life has flown by--even when there were moments that time stood still, it was still moving.

Today I had a great day. I've cut wayyyyy back in my legal job. Pretty much non-existent, thanks to some wonderful women who have stepped into my shoes. It has allowed me to follow my true passion, which is drug awareness. I've been so fortunate to get involved with the Alliance of Southwest Missouri. They have taken my drug campaign and turned it into a level I never dreamed possible. Newton County Coalition and the Alliance have taken my crazy whims or ideas and have turned them into incredible public service announcements, posters and now billboards. Every time something else comes to fruition, I feel like I could cry like a baby. I feel like "finally--people GET it."

To top all of that off, tomorrow we are having a joint tailgate at Carl Junction, which they are playing the high school my two oldest graduated from--the Webb City Cardinals. Big rivalry. Huge crowd. We got donations to create 400 t-shirts (200 for each school) and it's our chance to get kids to come to the booth to get information about drugs, alcohol and other life changing choices. I'm so honored CJ is doing this for kids. It literally makes me tear up thinking about it.

Also today, one of my first phone calls was from my daughter. I was in the shower, so she left me a voicemail. "Just wanted to wish you a happy birthday, Mom. I love you."  I played it about ten times. I can't even tell you when the last time she remembered my birthday, Mother's Day, her stepdad's birthday or any other occasion. She sounds great. I miss her. Can't wait to see her again. She starts college online Monday. She is excited. I'm excited for her and so thankful for the opportunity she has to begin again.

My birthday could not have been better because all 3 of my babies are safe, sound, happy and secure. The BEST blessing I could ever ask for---and I feel so thankful. Granted, I didn't see the two oldest today, which is okay. My son is making his coaching debut tomorrow for high school football. He is a positions coach and his real job is an accountant and I couldn't be more proud of him. Go Wildcats! My precious daughter-in-law began her first day teaching 1st grade today and I'm so proud of her. My Addi is an enrolled college student and studying her Bible regularly and continually prays for me and my shortcomings and I'm so proud of her. My 4 year old is getting ready for preschool on Wednesday and he is hilarious and makes me laugh multiple times per day. With the Olympics on, me and my husband have to stop and put our hands on our hearts when the USA wins a gold medal and they play the Star Spangled Banner. He is quite the patriot. I'm proud of him too. Life is great.

Thank you for all the birthday wishes. I am blessed and I know it.




No comments:

Post a Comment