Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Politics, 200 Days Clean and NO PAIN PILLS FOR ME

Oh how annoying the political commercials are becoming. Every one is arguing on social media, including myself, lol. I'm not sure the point of even arguing, because how often do we change people's minds?

I myself had an interesting little personal poll. I emailed the candidates for Missouri Governor and US Senator for Missouri about their positions on prescription drug monitoring, the opiate and heroin crisis and methadone/MAT clinics and funding. I sent letters also to Claire McCaskill and Governor Nixon, even though they are not on the ballot.

Here were my responses--I got a form letter from Claire McCaskill that basically answered nothing. I got no response from Eric Greitens, candidate for Missouri Governor. I got no response from Jason Kander, candidate for US Senate.

I got a very lengthy response and two follow up phone calls from Roy Blunt's office and factual information and continue to get follow up emails from his local and DC staff. They have gotten to the root of some of my biggest questions, which I could not get answered on the state level.

I got a rapid and thorough response from Jay Nixon, which also put me in contact with a lady from the Missouri Department of Health and she contacted me by phone and we had a great conversation.

I got a thorough letter from Chris Koster's office which explained in detail his positions and my concerns and although I was raised Republican and I love Ronald Reagan with each fiber of my soul--I am voting for a Democrat for Governor.

Don't panic quite yet, my fellow Republicans.

I am with Roy Blunt 100%. He has kept his word to me throughout this entire opiate nightmare and I trust him with my family values and well, with my family.

So there is my plug on politics. It really means nothing and may get me some enemies on social media, but it is truth...and well, like or hate it...I speak it...and like my first paragraph, it won't change anyone's minds and I will respect whomever gets elected and hope that I can work with them to better the State of Missouri and country.

So--on a much greater and important note---my Addi had her 200th day of being clean this week AND she has an A in both of her college classes.  YAY ADDI!!!!!-- and she gets to go see Joyce Meyer, so she is pretty much walking on sunshine right now. I never thought my daughter, who was determined she would marry Nelly or Lil' Wayne and had a major thing for the Jonas Brother would become a person who eats, breathes and adores Joyce Meyer--but thank you GOD! I'm excited to hear her sound so excited about so many positive things in her life.

As for myself--I had some surgery last Monday and Tuesday.  I had some skin cancer removed from my nose. Right smack in the middle, I had about a quarter sized HOLE taken from my nose. Not a pretty sight. So...I had to have reconstructive surgery the next day (last Tuesday). My surgeons were incredible. My plastic surgeon who fixed it, is the "Sculptor with the Scalpel." He is simply amazing. No way on earth I would ever have any sort of cosmetic surgery done now for jolly's though. Not fun. I will just take my wrinkles as they come. WOWZA that was painful.  Swollen face, stitches everywhere on my little nose and the first 3 days was absolute hell---but guess what? THIS GAL DID NOT TAKE ONE SINGLE PAIN PILL. NOT A ONE. Obviously I had pain medicine in my IV before I woke up from anesthesia, but I didn't know it and didn't ask for it and I was determined that I didn't need it. I slept forever it seemed like. I woke up looking like the bandaged elephant man. I easily could have taken pain pills and I had plenty of reasons to need them...but I wanted to prove to Addi that I could walk the walk instead of just talking it. I used Tylenol only and one week later, I haven't even used Tylenol today. I'm going to make it. I thought if my son can have knee surgery and not use pain pills--then so can I. Addi was very proud of me.

So--sorry I have been behind on blogging. I've just been taking care of Steph and haven't even been able to see to type because my face was so swollen. I'm on the mend now. I'll be fine.

The moral of this story is---don't be a wimp. You don't need those pain pills. They are not worth the risk...and vote for Roy Blunt for US Senate.






No comments:

Post a Comment