Monday, February 13, 2017

Tomorrow Isn't Promised

In our church sermon a couple of weeks ago, Pastor Robin Sigars spoke about how tomorrow isn't promised and we should stop putting off our faith until "tomorrow." He talked about how our days are numbered and that we need to give our lives to God right NOW.  If you die today--are you ready? If not, get ready TODAY.  In the past few weeks, I've seen "tomorrow" not come for several people, who had life cut short. Some lives very short.

I want this blog to reach those of you who keep relying on "tomorrow." Perhaps tonight you take that hit of heroin or meth or whatever your drug of choice may be---and your heart stops. You are gone. Your tomorrow will not come. How would your family survive without you? How would they handle your loss? Do you have children? If so, what will they think someday that you chose that "hit" rather than attending their preschool program? How do your parents or siblings explain to one another as to why you aren't at your brother's wedding? How does someone explain to your Mom why you aren't here for Mother's Day?

Drugs are liars. They make you feel that you are invincible, indestructible, and that you will always have a "tomorrow."  My daughter said she often hoped that she would have no "tomorrow" so she could stop the chase; stop the agony; and let go of the pain. Now that she has been clean 11 months, she sees that "tomorrow" can be beautiful. She sees that her life is worth it and that her family needs and loves her.

When I started this Facebook page last year, I started getting messages from people just like me. Mom's, Dad's, Sister's, Brother's, Husband's, Wives..all wanting help for their loved ones or needing to just talk to someone who feels their pain. I've become quite attached to some of my readers that I don't even know personally---but feel I do, because they have told me their stories. Yesterday morning I woke up to an inbox message that literally broke my heart. It was one of my readers, who lost her daughter the night before. The same daughter she had written me about--the same daughter that had tried to get help and wanted to live. Now, she was gone. Her mom is devastated, but what struck me the most, is her desire to help YOU. Her desire to get through to someone else so that they will not feel her pain. She knows her daughter wanted to conquer her addiction and now, this mom, in the midst of her pain, wants to speak up to get someone else's attention. Tomorrow did not come for her daughter...but she wants "tomorrow" to come for you.

This is my plea. If you need help--get it NOW. Make today the day that you change your life. Make today the day that you shut the door on the negative influences leading you back into darkness. Reach out and get help.

If you don't get help today...your tomorrow may not come.


2 comments:

  1. Nice article
    <a href="www.meronotes129.blogspot.com>
    Here you can get latest topics </a>

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Sir, it was so helpfull, detailed and interesting.
    Nasha Mukti Kendra

    ReplyDelete