Saturday, May 7, 2016

Happy Mothers Day to ALL of YOU

I feel somewhat guilty because this year, I'm going to be spending my Mother's Day with all of my children. I know that I am lucky beyond measure. I know that I easily could be missing a huge part of my heart this Mother's Day. 

So--for those of you who have lost their children, I pray for you. I pray that you focus on your memories of your child before the addiction took them away. If you have other children, then I pray that you focus on the children still around you that need you and love you. I hope you find ways to smile and know that it TRULY was not your fault. I hope that you go out and plant some flowers or go to dinner or indulge in something that you deserve--because you truly are the toughest of warriors. 

To the mom's missing a child--my heart aches for you and you are never far from my mind. I think of you all the time and I know that I am just a relapse or bad choice from being in your shoes. I appreciate you for reminding me of that and I appreciate your strength, your encouragement and I appreciate you for still rooting for my child even though yours may be gone from this cruel world.

To all the mom's who have children still alive and battling addiction...I pray for you and your child. I pray that they wake up and see the light and that they do not make this Mother's Day your last one together. I pray that they see the pain of all the mom's who are suffering and they make the choice not to put you through that hell. I pray that they find light and hope and peace and beat this devil disease. I pray for you to get a good night's rest and pray that you too know that it TRULY is not your fault. I pray that you find hope and faith and do not give up.

To the mom's suffering from addiction---please, do your children a favor and get help NOW. Do not make your children dread this holiday as a yearly memory of the mother who chose drugs over them. Make this holiday a special day where their mom found new life, new hope, new dreams and new strength. On this Sunday, go to church and ask for help if you are suffering. Be the mother that God wants you to be and that your children need you to be.

Mother's are special. They aren't always easy to deal with---they may sometimes tell you what you don't want to hear and sometimes they have to make decisions that are for the best but you may not agree with---but I can promise you...no one loves you like your Mother loves you. Simply no one.


No comments:

Post a Comment