Wednesday, June 8, 2016

93 days Clean and Staying Strong

I felt really sorry for Addi this past week. She has been dealing with some old wounds. Being away from family doesn't make it that easy to cope and I couldn't visit last weekend. I was gone all week to my future daughter in law's bachelorette party in Vegas. Addi was envious in ways, she said--but mainly just envious of the time we got to spend together. She is well aware that Vegas is no place for her. Her brother's wedding is this weekend so she is still having a hard time with that, although we are including her as much as possible. I even sent pizza cards for the girls to have a pizza party wedding celebration. Also sent her copies of the videos to be shown at rehearsal dinner. Please keep her in your prayers as she misses this weekend. She loves her baby brother and always has. Its not going to be easy, but its going to be worth it.

I appreciate the staff at her treatment facility so much. They are such a family to her. She was in great spirits today and has all sorts of plans for her future--outside of this area. I am just so proud of her and the battle she has waged. She is doing so much better at the faith based facility. Going into our 3rd month. Seems crazy. She is teaching me so much about my own faith too. Its almost like she is coming out of a caccoon and turning into a butterfly.

As for my blog, I am very behind. Bare with me for the next week--my mind is overwhelmed. Thinking of all of you struggling and praying you find your way.

More soon..

4 comments:

  1. So happy for all of you! I will be praying for Addie as I am sure it will be really hard for her but this can insure that she never misses another important family milestone! God Bless all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The above post is from me! I don't know much about this blogging stuff!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so pleased that your daughter is doing so well. Testimonies like this are the very reason my wife Kathie and I founded Primrose Hill Teen Challenge. In 2001 God gave me the vision to open a Teen Challenge for mother's and their children. In 2014 PHTC became a reality thanks to the support of many folks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so pleased that your daughter is doing so well. Testimonies like this are the very reason my wife Kathie and I founded Primrose Hill Teen Challenge. In 2001 God gave me the vision to open a Teen Challenge for mother's and their children. In 2014 PHTC became a reality thanks to the support of many folks.

    ReplyDelete