Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Stop this Madness...A Plea for Help

I know this is nothing more than a blog. Nothing more than my thoughts on paper---but to me, it's so much more than that. I'm passionate about this topic. I've watched too many friends bury their children. I've watched too many people bury their loved ones. I've watched too many people battle to stay alive and I've watched too many families destroyed by drugs. I may be annoying you all by pounding this in your brain--but IS ANYONE LISTENING???

My daughter is 28 days clean today, by the Grace of God and the Newton County Jail. She feels great, is happy and is doing fantastic. She is not on any medication of any sort and she is coping just fine. She regrets she didn't try to cold turkey route before and regrets she ever used the Methadone/Suboxone route. She's learning that a separation from negative influences, powered by the will to change and a great support group around her is a much better route for her than replacing a drug for a drug. Will she make it? Only time will tell. Today, I feel pretty good abut it. I feel she has the desire to live and learn. Again...only time will tell.

This little area of SW Missouri is taking a beating. 2 deaths in one week Why??? Why is this happening????  Do you kids, walking this addiction tightrope, see that your friends are dying? Do you even care? Is the importance of getting that "fix" more important than the life of your friend? I do not understand it. In fact, I'm angry about it.

It's time to step up, grow up and do the right thing. I know many of you suffering from addiction. It's not cool. No one admires you or wants to be you. No one thinks "Hey, this is great. He's a junkie. He steals stuff from Walmart. I want to be like him. He watches his friends die." No, no they don't feel that way. People are sick of watching this nightmare. People are sick of these little city dope peddlers killing our kids.

I know it's part of addiction but how can a substance allow you to steal from your friends, lie to your friends, and risk killing your friends? Seriously--someone explain to me how this is a fun life to lead. It's not "fun"...it's hell.

What can we do to get all of these addicts some help? Some REAL help? This area needs a detox facility and treatment center that is affordable If the Methadone Clinic really cares about these people---add on a detox facility and start getting people clean---not sicker. I've got 4 mom's looking for treatment for their children right now---where is it, JOPLIN MISSOURI?? Where can we send these people? These kids need help. These addicts need help. SPEAK UP, We can fund all these clinics to dish out drugs but cannot fund clinics to help get people detoxed safely so they can be clean? That makes a lot of sense. Maybe one of these buildings we have now in Jasper County that aren't being used should be turned into a detox center.

If you have a treatment facility please message me or list names and numbers for people to reference. We need help for people NOW. Don't refer them to another drug clinic either. Who is out there, willing to help these people become drug free?

Please don't let another one die. Please!!!!!






6 comments:

  1. A friend of mine asked me yesterday, if I had read this moms blog? I replied no but pretty sure I know of the daughter. So, I started from the first blog and read to the end with a lot of hard cries, broken heart, fear anger and an array of different emotions..... and thought is this my story? I will and want to help with whatever I can. I too have wanted to make it known what is really going on in our kids lives. I have said in the past years to police, sheriffs, probation officers, church members, family, friends, strangers and all whom I have ever spoke about the addiction of today in our area. I want to get on the tallest building and scream out for parents to get together learn read and action to keep our kids off drugs and save lives. I fell into the cycle of becoming an addict to my daughter being my so called drug, I am addicted to my child...how can that be possible?! I love her and am just trying to prevent her from dying....just like all hers friends....I have been dealing with this for over ten years and everyday is a new miracle to me as when I have my daughter alive, I love her and touch her with the truth as often as I can

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://hlandrecovery.org/
      https://www.baxterregional.org/upages.php?id=412
      http://www.arcamidwest.com/
      here are a couple of medical detox and rehab facilities and Heartland is a long term program for men or women, they can take their children too...hope this helps. There is so much to what each person may need when talking about detox and/or rehab places. When I got out of Gods way that's when the bottom for my daughter was hit. If her getting clean could have been done with prayer, tears, begging, stalking, writing, any way a parent could she would have been clean a long time ago but only when the addict wants it will it happen. Now I am trusting God, He has this.....My daughter has been clean for a year or so but also has the suboxone for the time being and that has never been what I feel in her favor. One day at a time. Thankful, grateful I still have her. I have had to mourn the child I raised, but prayers were answered so I can feel the miracle of her life and am trying to love her for who she is today. I am pretty open and think we will fight this fight for maybe ever but again.....how can complain she for now is here......

      Delete
    2. suboxone if used correctly can help an addict get off of opiates. We tried that with our addict and he would taper off suboxone on Friday and use opiates on the weekend and go back on suboxone on Monday. There is a shot that you can get for an addict if they have been clean for 10-14 days. Its called vivitrol. It keeps and addict from using for 28 days adn it is non addictive. It costs about 800 dollars if you dont have insurance. Its very effective tho. An addict cant cheat with vivitrol.

      Delete
    3. suboxone if used correctly can help an addict get off of opiates. We tried that with our addict and he would taper off suboxone on Friday and use opiates on the weekend and go back on suboxone on Monday. There is a shot that you can get for an addict if they have been clean for 10-14 days. Its called vivitrol. It keeps and addict from using for 28 days adn it is non addictive. It costs about 800 dollars if you dont have insurance. Its very effective tho. An addict cant cheat with vivitrol.

      Delete
  2. As we as parents become addicted to our addicts, we all want to be able to get them in detox centers and rehabs. The problem is our addicts aren't ready. we have had ours to 8 different rehab facilities thinking the next one would work and no such luck. Our addiction to them often clouds our judgement and instead of letting them go to find their own bottom we try to save them to keep them alive. So often our attempt to save them does nothing but push them further away and enables them to use us even more. Unless they truly want to be sober, their is nothing we as parents can do to save them. Trust me we have tried with ours and all we have done is to spend well over 50 thousand dollars for no apparent reason...every dollar we spent on our addict, they spent theirs on drugs. I wish their was an easy switch to push to get them to want to truly be sober, but until they are ready we as parents really are powerless to do anything except pray and trust in god to keep them safe. Unfortunately sometimes god calls our addicts home before they are ready. But at least their torment and addictions are finally done. Its my prayer that he doesn't call our addict home before us....a parent should never have to bury their children, but unfortunately it happens...:<((((

    ReplyDelete
  3. With so many people wanting help and then falling back on to bad habits, the answer has to be deeper than just dropping them at a facility. Many addicts look at this as a break from the madness, then get right back to the action soon as they can. An intervention allows them to see the effect their behavior is having on the people they love.

    ReplyDelete